At Allied Irish Bank (GB) our customers bank with us because of our personal relationships and service. Value and service are at the heart of our business. We aim, as a specialist business bank serving the needs of owner managed businesses and professionals to provide real value to every one of our customers and to deliver the highest standard of service in banking and financial services.
Tailoring services to British businesses
Award-winning commitment to exceptional service
It is a testament to the Bank's long standing commitment to exceptional customer service, that Allied Irish Bank (GB) boasts an impressive history of business awards.
- Winner of Best Service from a Business Bank at Business Moneyfacts Awards 2014.
- Commended in the Best Fixed Account Provider category and finalist Business Bank of the Year - Business Moneyfacts Awards 2014.
- Winner of Best Business Fixed Account provider at Business Moneyfacts Awards in 2012 and in 2013.
- Moneyfacts Awards Finalist in three categories: Business Bank of the Year 2013, Best Service from a Business Bank 2013 and Best Business Card Provider 2013.
- Awarded Business Superbrand on five consecutive occasions from 2006 to 2010.
- Consistently achieved the recognition of the Investor in People (IiP) standard since 1995, exceeding 90% of the measures set down by the IiP national benchmark.
- Voted Britain's Best Business Bank on seven consecutive occasions by The Forum of Private Business from 1994 to 2006.
Our history in Britain
- AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. and is incorporated in the United Kingdom.
- AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. trades in Great Britain as Allied Irish Bank (GB) and in Northern Ireland as First Trust Bank.
- AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.
- AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. is covered by the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
- AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. is governed by a Board of Directors, with Executive and independent Non-executive Directors appointed for their depth of experience in business.
- AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. holds liquid assets with the Bank of England which presently exceed the minimum requirement stipulated for banks operating in the United Kingdom.
- AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. subscribes to the Lending Code, details of which are available from the Lending Standards Board website.
- Find out more about AIB Group's business and performance on our Investor Relations site.
Back to top